Dan Lita’s Brain Injury Storyboard
This page is named in honor of our dear friend, Dan Lita, who was an active participant in BIC-NW. Dan inspired us to share our stories in order to encourage others and to simply “know each other better”. He led by example and was an encouragement to us all.
If you would like to share your experiences with readers on our website, or even just with friends or family, we would love to hear from you and we will help you put your story in writing.
- Just as we are ALL Unique Individuals and so are ALL Brain Injury to each Individual. There are several cases of TBI pending the individual’s Glasgow Coma Scale being at Mild, Moderate and Severe. I had the severe case being that I was In a Coma for 32 days.Read more
- On June 12th 1999 I was almost killed by a hit and run drunk driver. My husband John and I were attending a business conference in Ogden, Utah when it happened. I was left with numerous injuries however the permanent injury, the one that would change my life was a TBI.Read more
- I am a very different person than I was before acquiring my brain injury on the last day of 1977 in a car accident. At that time, I was a student at OSU studying architecture with plans to build ecologically sustainable buildings. My plans were changed on that day.Read more
- My name is Erin Maureen Carr and I am 36 years old. I have survived 2 cancers. I am now a 20 year survivor of a brain tumor and 23 year survivor of thyroid cancer. The doctors thought when I stopped talking and walking during my brain tumor that I would never talk or walk again.Read more
- My name is Tony W. I’m 66 years old. My sister is writing down these thoughts as I express them to her mostly by gesture, since I lost the ability to use words to speak or write due to the stroke I had in 2011.Read more