Dan Lita’s Brain Injury Storyboard
This page is named in honor of our dear friend, Dan Lita, who was an active participant in BIC-NW. Dan inspired us to share our stories in order to encourage others and to simply “know each other better”. He led by example and was an encouragement to us all.
If you would like to share your experiences with readers on our website, or even just with friends or family, we would love to hear from you and we will help you put your story in writing.
- The brain injury was on June 23, 2015. We were moving back to Oregon after a year in Kentucky. I had the whole house packed up, everything was on a truck headed for Oregon, and I was returning the cable box because that's what you do when you move...Read more
- February last year, I was diagnosed with Prostate Cancer, so my urologist and I decided that we'd do the surgery, and on May 21st I had my prostate out. By the end of June, I was feeling great. I was hiking again and cutting firewood...Read more
- My name is Corinne. At 42 years old I feel like I am doing everything I can to get by, but despite my education and best efforts I have faced many obstacles through the years. This is my story.Read more
- Well, I'm married to a wonderful woman, Emily. Got two daughters from previous marriages, and I was a union sheet metal worker -- designed, built, and installed HVAC systems. That was my day side, if you will, but I was also into more of a darker side of society.Read more
- For nearly 30 years, prior to December 2010, I enjoyed a successful professional career as an active trial lawyer. It was a rewarding and, in retrospect, an all-consuming life adventure. Then, in an accident of which I have absolutely no memory, it suddenly ended when I experienced a severe traumatic brain injury.Read more